AT MUREX SNORKELING WE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CONSERVE AND PROTECT OUR STUNNING MARINE AND TERRESTRIAL ENVIRONMENTS FOR GENERATIONS TO COME
It is our number one priority to promote conservation and ensure that our reefs, marine life and natural landscapes are protected. As the pioneers of underwater exploration in North Sulawesi we see ourselves as guardians of our ocean. We work with NGO’s and the Indonesian government on a number of projects as well as on our own initiatives. We aim to safeguard the natural beauty which we are so fortunate to have on our doorstep.
CONSERVATION AND SUSTAINABILITY COMMITMENTS
Here are just a few of the examples of commitments that we have undertaken and have built in to our day to day operations;
- We do not use plastic drinking straws and we do not supply plastic water bottles. Upon arrival you will be presented with a stainless steel drinking bottle which can be filled up from water stations around the resort.
- All rooms have water dispensers and reusable cups and we have the same system on our boats so you will never need to use or see a plastic bottle in the resort.
- Together with Ocean Gardener we undertake community projects in our local villages on Bangka Island. We have created a coral farm and we also run Ocean Gardener courses for those who want to learn more about coral.
- We aim to reduce single use plastics across all operations
- We have installed solar panels at Murex Bangka to generate “clean electricity”.